11 Aug 2012 2 Comments
- I went to get my anti-depressant refilled yesterday and suddenly, my co-pay has gone from $10 to $50, for the same medication. Obviously I have to make a phone call to my insurance company on Monday. I was informed that I had to start paying for health insurance, which is fine, but when I spoke to them about it last month, they assured me nothing would change. Now I’m concerned that other things won’t be covered. Aren’t they supposed to notify you when things like co-payments change? Between the increased premium and the increased co-pay, I’m going to have to drop my Y membership in order to stay on my anti-depressant, which sucks. A lot. But I’d rather be fat than depressed, frankly.
- I’ve mostly worked from home this week. I hate working from home. The dogs bark at every little thing, the cats chase each other up and over my desk and I’m constantly distracted by things that need to be done, like laundry and dishes and vacuuming. Plus, I worked almost 50 hours this week, in addition to running the kids hither and yon. I need a wife. Or a house boy. Or something. I’m getting really burned out.
- Does anyone know anything about macro lenses for the iPhone? I know they make some, but I don’t know which ones are good and which ones are crap. I tried taking a picture this morning of a tiny dragonfly that was sitting on my hibiscus and I think if I’d had a macro lens, it would have come out better. It was a beautiful dragonfly but I couldn’t capture it completely because my camera kept focusing on what was behind the fly.
- In related news, I need a new phone. I have an iPhone 3GS thru work but it’s horrible. The battery life sucks, the screen freezes all the time and the it’s really slow. I’m going to buy my own this time but do I hold out until I hear if the iPhone 5 is actually coming out this fall or do I just suck it up and get a 4S? Such decisions. It’s nice, though, that I can actually think about springing for a phone like this. This time last year, I didn’t even have the money for a flip phone.
- Some friends and I started up a writing and art collective online called Scriptic.org. If you’re interested in contributing, be sure to check us out.
2 Comments (+add yours?)
Leave a Reply